F 451, book burning time, joking

Favorite books/writers, goth, punk, deathrock, whatever....

I'm currently reading Stephen Kings' 4th Dark Tower book and re-reading Frankenstein.

i just started Shadows Bend by David Barbour. its about H.P. Lovecraft (you already know and love him) and Robert E. Howard (the creator of Conan the Barbarian) saving the world from Cthulhu.

i've always loved that the Cthulhu Mythos and Conan stories existed in the same world. this book explains why. haha!
    "It was inevitable from the moment I found how to achieve what I'd always wanted... To be the knife as well as the wound. Would you have ever forgiven me? I wanted the night... you see... and here it is..."

Frankenstein is one of my favorite books along with The Strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. i haven't read any of the Dark Tower novels as i'm not much of a Stephen King fan. i've heard good things though. i plan on reading them sometime down the road.
    "It was inevitable from the moment I found how to achieve what I'd always wanted... To be the knife as well as the wound. Would you have ever forgiven me? I wanted the night... you see... and here it is..."

its great to have some Lovecraft readers here!

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Nowhere View Post
    Frankenstein is one of my favorite books along with The Strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. i haven't read any of the Dark Tower novels as i'm not much of a Stephen King fan. i've heard good things though. i plan on reading them sometime down the road.
    I was never a King fan but his new stuff is GREAT, it's not as boring and tedious as his old works and is more post apocalyptic. And you are right I do LOVE Lovecraft.

Junior Member Beautiful Mourning's Avatar
    I have this weird reading quirk. Instead of devouring a book in a week or two, I read several books at once. It takes me about 6 months to get through a book this way. I bring my stack of books to doctor appointments and weekend getaways or read a little bit between loads of laundry if there's nothing on TV.

Anyway, my current stack of books is:
    Drawing Blood by Poppy Z. Brite -- almost finished, great writing except name-drops too much pop-culture stuff
    The Sea Priestess by Dion Fortune -- really fascinating, really great
    Paint It Black by Nancy A. Collins -- good so far
    Pandora by Anne Rice -- I can't make up my mind if I'm just sick of Anne Rice or if this is really bad compared to her earlier stuff
    Murder of Angels by Caitlin R. Kiernan -- just started, it's too soon to tell but so far this seems great

There are also a lot of new shirts, buttons, stickers, and patches (if you don't know what else to do with that dental floss)????