Thread: Music

Music

I'm new to the deathrock scene. and i was wondering, apart from band like Cinema Strange, Specimen, Alien Sex Fiend, and christian death. who are some really good bands?

My personal favorites are (among others) Phantom Limbs, 45 Grave, Voodoo Church, Antiworld...
    Also check out my own band Secular Plague if you're looking to discover some new deathrock bands: http://www.secularplague.com or http://www.facebook.com/secularplague

Cemetery current in Chicago, Bestial Mouths current in LA, Texas Vamps, Shadow Project, Ex-Voto, I'm currently in the Cincinnati band Dreams In Hell

well since we are going regional, here's a few you might like:
    Japan: PHAIDIA, ALLERGY, 13th MOON
    US Mid Westt: THEATRE OF ICE
    US East Coast: GARGOYLE SOX, SCARECROW, AURAL EXILE
    US West Coast: 45 GRAVE, KOMMUNITY FK, DEEP ENYDE, SCREAMS FOR TINA
    Germany: XMAL DEUTSCHLAND
    Ireland: VIRGIN PRUNES

just to name a few, thought it'd be a fun geography lesson

Radio Scarlet, Tragic Black, Chants of Maldoror, The last days of jesus, Sleeping Children, the shallow grave, phaidia, Corpus Delciti, 13 bats, antiworld, scarlet's remains, fear cult, radio werewolf, children on stun....

Since yer in Richmond, look around for shows that Lost Tribe are playing. They're really good, kind of like anarcho-punk and goth mixed. I can't stop listening to "Coma" and "Fading Into The Fog". There's also Crimson Scarlet, Anasazi, Bellicose Minds, Deathcharge, Belgrado, Spectres, Alaric, The Dark, the Evil Speaks, Super-Heroines and the singer Eva O's solo stuff.....
    It seems like a lot of anarcho/crusty bands are going goth now, which is actually kinda nice in a way.