Question What bands does everyone you know like but you just can't get into?

What bands does everyone you know like but you just can't get into?

One of the bands I don't like is 45 Grave....

Quote Originally Posted by RottenLace View Post
    One of the bands I don't like is 45 Grave....
    Haha, thats understandable seeing as how 45 grave seems to be more closer to its punk roots that lets say... Christian Death? But you should give Eva O a chance I mean try and check out some of her newer projects like the Shadow Project! I personally loved the idea of Rozz and Eva as a duo and think that they made quite a good team. (:
    As for mine.. I would have to say Tragic Black. :/

I LOVE Christian Death, I was thinking of looking up Eve O cause she was married to Rozz, R.I.P Rozz.

Dreams for The Dying is a masterpiece and is among my favorite albums. I also like Eva and Rozz's Christian Death.. a commonly overlooked era.

as for my band i dont like: Bella Morte, just reminds of all the goth bands that bored me like The Mission

Quote Originally Posted by diablos 88 View Post
    Dreams for The Dying is a masterpiece and is among my favorite albums. I also like Eva and Rozz's Christian Death.. a commonly overlooked era.

Haha, thats understandable seeing as how 45 grave seems to be more closer to its punk roots that lets say... Christian Death? But you should give Eva O a chance I mean try and check out some of her newer projects like the Shadow Project! I personally loved the idea of Rozz and Eva as a duo and think that they made quite a good team. (:

Crass. I support their ethics, but I just can't listen to them. My last gf had their logo tattooed on the back of her neck, I used to try washing it off.

Eva O never played in 45 Grave, you're thinking of Dinah Cancer... as for another band i can't dig: Cancerslug. Alex Story is a fucking joke

Quote Originally Posted by diablos 88 View Post
    Eva O never played in 45 Grave, you're thinking of Dinah Cancer... as for another band i can't dig: Cancerslug. Alex Story is a fucking joke
    i'm not really into them either. i love punk rock, and i listen to SOME horror punk. i have trouble getting into it because most of it sounds like a poor attempt at ripping off the Misfits, both old and new. i know we're not working with very many chords most of the time, but creativity can still happen. there are, of course, exceptions. the misfits and 45 grave already did their thing. newer horror bands should do their own thing as well.

fuck!

i have more to say, but i have a bottle of black velvet and some very attractive ladies waiting for me downstairs.

I'm out!
    "It was inevitable from the moment I found how to achieve what I'd always wanted... To be the knife as well as the wound. Would you have ever forgiven me? I wanted the night... you see... and here it is..."

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Nowhere View Post
    i'm not really into them either. i love punk rock, and i listen to SOME horror punk. i have trouble getting into it because most of it sounds like a poor attempt at ripping off the Misfits, both old and new. i know we're not working with very many chords most of the time, but creativity can still happen. there are, of course, exceptions. the misfits and 45 grave already did their thing. newer horror bands should do their own thing as well.

fuck!

i have more to say, but i have a bottle of black velvet and some very attractive ladies waiting for me downstairs.

I'm out!
    yeah i generally stick with those two The Undead, and Mourning Noise.
    Samhain is the premium bottle of that scene, i could drink November's Coming Fire or Initium on any given night.

the smiths - let's just not talk about it though, for real

the banshees - sorry maybe I haven't heard the right stuff still

godflesh - same thing here

almost all EBM - this is not the crow raving in the matrix

specimen - most of it sounds like cocky glam rock to me, unfortunately

christian death - SIKE, but when they went under new management and started having crucified aliens and jesus shooting dope as the artwork I'm not really gonna check that out... but even the early 90's rozz comeback material is beautiful... I don't know if the valor stuff (after 'atrocities' especially) is more appalling than the new misfits or not haha

Quote Originally Posted by INHUMAN View Post

specimen - most of it sounds like cocky glam rock to me, unfortunately
    its very glam but more in in a new york dolls kind of way. i like specimen but think that they could have had better song writing..

now's your chance to suggest that on the coincidentally launched specimen thread haha

Quote Originally Posted by INHUMAN View Post
    now's your chance to suggest that on the coincidentally launched specimen thread haha
    i have nothing but respect for this band, Specimen helped paved the way for the scene that we are all here to appreciate and indulge in. like em or not, you have to respect them...

I play "indestructible" at most of my parties over here!

I REALLY dislike The Smiths. My friends all love them, but I just can't get over how irritating Morrissey is.

Oh god, good. Was starting to think I was the only one. For some reason, anything metal annoys me too.

Let's be friends haha

Haha, Done!

It's funny how many people hate Morrisey. I never liked him, particularly, but I just tune it out when it comes on. Warlock Pinchers did a kinda funny song about him (if you can get past the 90s rap-rock sound):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z20UYhP8vIQ

I havent been able to find a lot that I liked by siouxsie and the banshees, but I did enjoy
    "Happy House" and "Voices"

"peek a boo" does not sound goth to me haha