Please introduce yourself

We're just getting things rolling here and we'd like to get to know people as they arrive. Please take a minute to tell us a little about yourself. What DeathRock bands to you play all the time, who's looks inspire you creatively, do you like to make your own clothes, what shows have you enjoyed seeing... Let us know.

This is Tony X dropping by to say Hello..

Quote Originally Posted by Tony X View Post
    This is Tony X dropping by to say Hello..

Hi Tony X :-) Are you the Tony X who does a cool deathrock club night?

Hi folks. I found this site from Jenn Bats' Facebook link to Kate's Release the Bats article. Pretty cool stuff you have going on here. If there is anything you need, like more picks of our Deathrock friends or whatever, let me know. Amelia G and I were happy to see that cute shot of Dave and Jenn we shot at RTB a while back.

(oh, I can't post links yet, heh.)

anyone going to christ vs warhol this sat?

Quote Originally Posted by Beherit View Post
    anyone going to christ vs warhol this sat?
    Where is the show at?

its in hollywood...its on cherokee and its just down the street till you hit a bar/restaurant called Boardners 10 bucks for entrance 18+

Hi. I have been into Gothic Rock for awhile and just starting to get more into Deathrock.

Quote Originally Posted by Shards View Post
    Hi. I have been into Gothic Rock for awhile and just starting to get more into Deathrock.
    What is the scene in Australia like?

Not too bad. I haven't really been into Deathrock for very long (any band suggestions appreciated) but there are a reasonable number of Goth clubs and there was, and might still be, a Deathrock club in Melbourne called Club1337. There was also another called Kiss Kiss Bang Bang but I haven't lived in Melbourne for a few years. Where I am, in Hobart, therte is a monthly club called The Coven that plays mainly Goth/Industrial and the like but Tasmania is pretty small so it isn't a large scene. It could be healthier overall but it soldiers along quite well.

Just to let everyone know ... Shards is now Shards_13. Thanks!
    "Awake, arise or be for ever fall’n." ~ John Milton

G'day fellow rockers,

I too hail from erratic Melbourne. This article of Kate's may serve you well as my introduction.

And to further enliven your creative minds, you can monitor my pulse here where I've started weaving my next descension into death and darkness... enjoy!

- S ..

Hey everyone, this is Jessica and I'm from Los Angeles

I see there is an introductions here, I just joined today after bumping into this site looking for the choose deathrock comic strip thing, the name appropriated to me at birth is Alicia. Some of the bands I listen to more often than not: The Last Days of Jesus, Frank the Baptist, Specimen, Miguel and the Living Dead and Cinema Strange at the moment. I am very much a DIY-er and I might get some pictures of the finished pieces and or patches up.

Eh, Henry Horrible here. I've been around lol, glad I found this page

Junior Member yourbestnightmare's Avatar
    Hi, Im Dezi. I live in North Carolina. Just read my profile thingy i guess, im not sure of what else to say. I just joined today....
    ~DEZI

Hello, I recently came upon your site awhile ago and decided to go ahead and join. Personally, I hope more people visit the site and decide to join as I did because it seems pretty dead atm.. or undead? Idk, the deathrock scene is pretty underground from where I come from so I can see why this site hasn't gotten as much attention as it should but then again I'm kinda glad its the way it is now because I don't ever want deathrock to go as mainstream as punk did...xD But yeah, if your wondering I'm currently 15 and have been in and interested in the deathrock scene for what? 2-3 years now? So yeah, I'm not too much of a "baby bat" but I do wish to learn more from others and hopefully be able to make some friends and compare interests and music preferences with other people so yeah, its a pleasure to meet all of you. ^.^

Hello everyone, I'm Chris, from Indiana. I found this site through Gothic International on VampireFreaks.
    Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade!

Hi, was apparently not cool enough for Deathrock.com so I came here.. But yeah, really looking forward to the site it looks pretty awesome.

Blackest Greetings everyone, my name is Hex, and I am from Horrorwood, MA. Been into deathrock for along time now, also been an underground musician for along time now, playing deathrock/horror rock-n-roll. Good to be among the undead.
    Cobwebbed,
    Reverend John Hex

Hey, I'm Mange. I used to spin at NY Decay and some of the DropDead festivals, been spinning goth and deathrock wherever I could since the late 90s. I listen to a lot of Misfits/Samhain, TSOL, Theater of Hate, Birthday Party, Empire Hideous, Rudimentary Peni, Joy Division, the Dark, and newer stuff like Shallow Graves, Cinema Strange, Cross-Stitched Eyes, etc. I've mainly been going to crust shows since there's no goth bands around here, and getting people to come out for live music is a hassle. I guess you could categorize me as looking like a creepy streetpunk, for lack of a better description (hand-stitched clothes, paint my own jacket, yadda yadda).

i'm Corey. i'm a half-assed writer and semi amusing carnival freak. i live in a dead end town. there's no scene, there's no fun, but i love my job so i stick it out and try to travel as much as possible. i'm mainly here to meet some people and relieve some boredom. nice to meet ya'll.
    "It was inevitable from the moment I found how to achieve what I'd always wanted... To be the knife as well as the wound. Would you have ever forgiven me? I wanted the night... you see... and here it is..."

Hi, I hail from Melbourne and though I can no longer keep the little animals as pets - Ratty seemed as good a username as any.

I don't look like an undead Grufti as I have no Deathhawk.. But I've been into goth for a while now and enjoy Christian Death, Alien Sex Fiend, Specimen, and the Scary Bitches. I'm probably going to check out the music section after this, but first I'm going to look at your DIY threads.
    I like to make things such as sugar skulls and toy bats, and I alter clothes I buy at op shops for my clubwear.

I joined because the other forums I'm on seem to be getting a bit stale or less active, and very few people I know seem to have an interest in DIY anymore. Perhaps that will be different on a Deathrock board?
    Last edited by Ratty; 03-03-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Hi, I'm Saphire, french guy living in belgium.

Hello my name is Desiree and I just joined this site recently.I've been into the goth,deathrock,punk,post-punk genres for quite
    a few years now.I enjoy bands such as Alien Sex Fiend,Bauhaus,Christian Death,Specimen,T.S.O.L etc.I'm an extreme music addict
    and love to explore and learn.

Hello, My name's Keltie. I'm from Canada.
    I got fed up with my city's interpretation of goth, and its lack of deathrock, so I joined here to meet new friends!
    I'm a PT Student, actor and model, and I work at a corset shop FT

Junior Member KaliforniaKrawler's Avatar
    Colin is what you can call me. I've been into Goth for about two years, but I'm definitely not new to alternative culture. Coming out of the Punk scene into the Deathrock scene is something I pride myself in. My entire wardrobe is D.I.Y'd , I used to stencil patches, but now I'm currently sewing on some iron-on transfer patches onto my leather. I really like Gothic Rock, but Deathrock is something I truly love, I hardly like ANY Deathrock out of California past the 90's. So Ex-Voto, Mephisto Walz, Christian Death... You know the rest. I'm in North Carolina, somewhere you'd never expect Deathrock to be, Yep, no scene here. After I graduate, I'm packing my shit and heading straight to CA, with two of my friends, we're gonna start a home. I'm glad I finally found a Goth related website that isn't full of dicks. You asked for a autobiography. I'm not an egomaniac!

Junior Member KaliforniaKrawler's Avatar
    Just read that other NC post... Small damn world.

I'm Dominic and I just found my password after almost a year. Just some 17-year-old kid from Ohio. I love deathrock (obviously) but I've been very much into no wave lately. Goth bands that lose sight of their punk/post-punk roots bore the hell out of me. I DIY as much as I can. I listen to Specimen, TSOL, Ciril, The Cramps, Bauhaus, Bone Orchard, Wartburgs Fur Walter, and I've just developed a love for Rudimentary Peni. I have no idea where I'm going.

Hi, I'm Stephan and I'm a korean kiwi! Living here in california for several years now. I'm barely getting into deathrock and horror punk the scene here in where I love is.... non-existant. Would love to have another to hang out with but seems impossible right now. I would love to learn about deathrock from the elder goths. :P Thanks!

I'm Jacob from NJ. The scene isn't great here so I just wanted to find some friendly fellow deathrockers to talk to. Share some bands/releases/events and the like. All my friends listen to metal like it's their job, I'm cool with other genres, metal included, they just don't hold my interest like deathrock does though, I like everything from the originals like 45 Grave and Kommunity FK to the new stuff like Tragic Black and Lost Tribe (who's LP I really have to get still). I'm also a nut for horror films.

Hi, I'm Ethan from the UK. I have a few friends round here who are interested in deathrock etc. but there's pretty much no scene where I live. I've only recently started to become interested in the scene, and currently I really like 45 Grave and Christian Death, as well as some newer stuff like Cemetery and Dystopian Society. I have a thing for films concerning vampires and zombies and I like the writings of Edgar Allen Poe. My other interests include dance, drama and writing.

Hey all
    I'm Vraetzught aka Transhuman infection (facebook)
    I'm a long time Metalhead, in de Gothic scene for a few years now and recently snuck my way into the Deathrock scene.
    Favorite (Deathrock) band: Cinema Strange
    Obviously i don't know that much about the scene (yet), so teach me please

Junior Member Beautiful Mourning's Avatar
    Hi -- My name is Andi. I live near Detroit. I like music (deathrock, psychobilly, horror-punk, and lots of other stuff too), horror and exploitation movies, art, carnivorous plants, collect Monster High dolls, and I make my own soap & beauty products.